We have Specialist Services available for all families at the College. They are located on the Primary Years campus in the St Dominic’s Building.
Sonya Moriarty, Occupational Therapist
Sonya Moriarty is the director of Kids On Top and she has worked closely with children for over 30 years. Therapy is available before, during and after school.
Services offered include:
- Occupational Therapy (OT) assessment
- Individual school based therapy
- School readiness assessments
- School readiness programs in the school holidays
- Kindergarten screens
- Preschool screens
- Gross motor and fine motor programs
- Handwriting group programs
- Presentations to teachers and parents about the role of OTs, ideas, intervention strategies and how Kids On Top can assist in the care and management of student difficulties
- HSC assessments and letter to NESA for special provisions.
For enquiries or to make an appointment please phone Sonya on 0427 689 963.
Jocelyn Liu, Occupational Therapist – B.App.Sc.(Occupational Therapy)
Jocelyn has a strong passion for paediatric occupational therapy and working with children with special needs. She has practised as a paediatric occupational therapist both in Australia and internationally and currently works as an occupational therapist at Carousel Occupational Therapy, a private occupational therapy practice.
Jocelyn has worked in community, school, hospital settings and private practice. She has extensive experience treating children with special needs including Autism Spectrum Disorder, Down Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, children with rare syndromes, children with sensory processing disorder, handwriting difficulties, learning difficulties, motor and coordination difficulties, and developmental delays. She also has experience working with infants with feeding difficulties, and children with fussy eating.
Jocelyn is a registered occupational therapist with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency, and also a member of Occupational Therapy Australia. She earned her Bachelor of Applied Science (Occupational Therapy) degree from The University of Sydney in 2010.
Jocelyn has completed further trainings in:
- ADHD Workshop, Macquarie University
- Building Blocks for Movement and Praxis: Promoting the Development of Movement Skills and Praxis, Teresa A. May-Benson.
- Certified Infant Massage Instructor (CIMI)
- Certified Lego® -Based Therapy Facilitator
- Certified Rainbow Kids Yoga Instructor
- Clinical treatments in Childhood Trauma, International Child Trauma Conference
- Cool Kids® Child and Adolescent Anxiety Program, Macquarie University
- Essentials of Praxis Intervention for Children with Autism, Teresa A. May-Benson.
- Gravity – Using Gravity to Facilitate Sensory Motor Development in Infants and Children – Eileen Richer
- Handwriting Without Tears® and Get Set for School®. Pre-K and primary program for teaching handwriting skills and remediating handwriting difficulties.
- Handwriting & CO-OP, Associate Professor Elspeth Froude (PhD), Occupational Therapy, Australian Catholic University & Certified CO-OP Instructor
- Infant Feeding Foundations Workshop – Babble & Munch Speech Pathology
- M.O.R.E Integrating the mouth with sensory and postural functions
- Raising an Organized Child: Strategies to Promote Executive Functions – Social Thinking
- Sensorimotor Approach to Arousal Regulation and Developmental Trauma – Sheila Frick
- Sensory Integration Therapy – Assessment and Treatment
- SOS Approach to Feeding (Basic Training Course)
- The assessment and treatment of children and teens with OCD, Macquarie University
- Work, Rest and Play: Ottobock Seating and Mobility Workshop Sydney
For enquires or make an appointment, please contact Jocelyn Liu on 0416 743 366.
Tania Carollo, Speech Pathologist
Tania is a qualified Speech Pathologist who graduated from the University of Sydney with a Bachelor of Applied Science in Speech Pathology.
Tania is a participant of the Self-Regulation Program with Speech Pathology Australia (CPSP), demonstrating her interest in maintaining up to date knowledge of Speech Pathology research and practice. Tania is registered and accredited with the Australian Association of Speech Pathology (SPA). Tania has over 25 years of specialised experience working with children with communication impairment. She has worked in community health, hospital and school settings in consultation and collaboration with other health and educational professionals.
Tania has always had a passion for the Speech Pathology profession and has a strong interest across all areas of a paediatric Speech Pathology caseload.
Tania loves working with children and believes in working closely as a team with parents, preschool and class teachers to help every child achieve their full potential.
To arrange an appointment please email Tania at firstname.lastname@example.org .