Our alumni community is all about staying connected.
We have a vibrant and active global network of past students with remarkable achievements, who continue to enrich the Santa Sabina College community. The Ex-Students’ Association and the College’s Alumni Officer are the points of contact for former students.
There are a number of opportunities for different generations of Santa Sabina ex-students and their families to maintain their lifelong Dominican connection. Alumni come together for reunions, career networking, playgroups, Social Justice initiatives and College events.
Past students can play an important role both in the alumni community and in the lives of students. As mentors, they can provide current and past students with exciting opportunities and advice as they embark on their future careers.
We encourage our alumni of all generations to stay connected through our Facebook page – like our page and discover a great forum for engaging with past students and keeping up to date with College news and events.
Annual General Meeting
Notice is given of the Santa Sabina Ex-Students’ Association Annual General Meeting to be held on 11 October 2022 commencing at 7:30pm.
What we are up to: One of our new initiatives this year was the International Women’s Day Dinner which we co-hosted with the Parents and Friends and the College. We also launched our podcast series, Exceptional, stories and conversations about ex-students. To celebrate our centenary we offered a scholarship to the daughter of an ex-student. We are also raising funds for our fellowships for younger ex-students to assist with undertaking research, educational travel, professional development or humanitarian or aid work. Our Melbourne Cup lunch will be held at Angelo’s Cabarita.
If you would love to be more involved please consider joining our committee.
Attendance: The meeting will be held via zoom. If you wish to attend, please contact the Association Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to enable meeting details to be emailed to you.
Nominations for General Committee:
- Nominations for positions on the general committee are now being called for and all members of the Association are entitled to nominate for a position. There are 14 positions on the general committee plus two country members living in a rural location – If you have questions about the responsibilities of the general committee, please contact the Secretary at email@example.com.
- This is an excellent opportunity to give back to your community. We welcome those with skills across the spectrum from administration to communications and beyond.
- No former committee experience is needed, just a willingness to make a difference for ex-students and the College community.
- Please submit your nomination information at this link or write to the Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a nomination form.
- Nominations will close on Tuesday 4 October.
- Nominations will not be accepted at the Annual General Meeting.
All successful members of the ballot must be prepared to sign the Santa Sabina College Volunteer Code of Conduct.
Membership of the Ex-students’ Association: All ex-students are members of the Ex-Students’ Association. ‘Graduation’ from the College is not required. The joining fee was waived in May 2019 and all prior students were deemed eligible members at that time. There is no action necessary to join.
Melbourne Cup Luncheon
The Ex-Students’ Association is holding its annual Melbourne Cup Lunch at Angelo’s restaurant, Prince Edward Park, Phillips St, Cabarita.
Please email your name, contact number, number of tickets required and dietary requirements to email@example.com.
Please contact Elizabeth Mulcahy on 0417 484 072 if you have any questions.
Podcast Series on EXCEPTIONAL
Have you listened to our latest podcast on Exceptional?
Ann Maree Mulders is an ovarian cancer survivor. She listened to her body when no one else did and became her own advocate in what was a hard journey through surgery, treatment and healing. She now advocates for others as an Ovarian Cancer Australia ambassador. This is her story, through cancer and out the other side. See omnystudio.com/listener for privacy information.
Please click here to listen.
To learn more about the Ex-Students’ Association please visit us here.