Santa Sabina OOSH is located on the Primary School Campus. It offers care for Kindergarten to Year 6 students, and Prep students of five years and older.
At OOSH we provide a program of play and age-appropriate recreational activities for children. We established this program to help support families in the College and local community.
IN THE OOSH centre WE provide:
- Before and after school care for Kindergarten to Year 6 students, and Prep students of five years of age and older
- Vacation care for school holidays
- Care on pupil-free days.
OUR Hours of Operation are:
- Before and after school care: 7:00am – 8:45am and 3:15pm – 6:00pm
- Vacation care: Monday to Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm (during school hours and on SSC professional learning days).
Our Centre is approved by the National Childcare Accreditation Council.
For bookings and further information please phone us on: +61 2 9745 7790.
Before and after school we provide:
- Delicious breakfasts every day with a special breakfast table set every morning
- A special breakfast on Friday mornings such as pancakes, hash browns, bacon and eggs, hot or cold Milo and more
- A huge range of children’s choice afternoon tea, from apricot chicken and steamed vegetables, chicken and tuna sushi, Vietnamese rolls, Pad Thai, butter chicken, Spaghetti Bolognaise and more
- Craft activities like painting, clay designs, origami, friendship bracelet making from a huge range of coloured wool, French knitting, clip board colouring and drawing outside, Hama beads and a big craft trolley full of craft to use
- Wii – Just Dance, Mario Kart, Michael Jackson Dance, Wii Fit, etc.
- Homework table with supervision and help from OOSH educators
- Awesome weekly play program full of children’s craft and play ideas and what to do during the week and what activities to follow on next week
- Active After School Care – government-run sporting program where a special facilitator comes to teach us martial arts, water games in summer, Tennis, mini games, mini olympics
- Free play outside with a huge range of outside activities, from our rainbow parachute, ladders, frisbees, vortexes, egg and spoon races, balls, soccer nets and more
- Dramatic playroom with lots of fun dress-ups and a chance for pretend play
- Our pets Taco and Chili the Axolotls (Mexican fish)
- Lots of toys from Marble Tech, Science Box, cars, castles, large range of board games, big and small blocks, Lego, large foam boards, card games, fiddlesticks, Mobilo and lots more
- Crazy paint room full of the Colours of the Rainbow paint for children to use at any time
- Suggestion box for children and families to suggest any ideas at any time
- Breakfast and afternoon tea ideas board for children to tell us what they feel like
- Board for children to fill out to suggest craft and play ideas
- Individualised children’s portfolios of their interests, ideas, quotes, activities they have participated in and what they have learnt at OOSH (for children who come for a long period of time).
Vacation care is similar to before and after school care, but without breakfast and active after school care.
- Each day there is a different activity set, such as a craft day, multicultural day, an incursion, an excursion, sports day, relaxing days, fundraising days and cooking and food days.
- We’ve been to the IMAX Theatre, Play Lands, National Maritime Museum, Putt Putt, Blast for Kids, The Rocks, Meadowbank Park.
- We have had visits from the CSIRO, farm animals, reptiles, jumping castles, Stuffers (making teddy bears), Fired Up Arts (clay designs) and magicians.
OOSH is a very welcoming and safe place for your children to be where the staff are friendly and always happy to lend a helping hand to families and community. At OOSH your children can dream, relax, unwind, imagine, experiment, create, learn, play and make friends.
Children and families love OOSH for its unique atmosphere that caters to children’s needs and is always a great place to be.
Listen out for the laughter and come and meet our friendly staff and children. All are welcome!
Vacation care information: