OnSTAGE nominations

Dreams do come true for the dedicated, artistic and committed. Two of our Drama students have been nominated for the HSC Drama showcase OnSTAGE for their individual performances: Olivia Ayoub for Prima Facie by Suzie Miller and Isobel Burkhard for Elizabeth, Almost by Chance a Queen by Dario Fo.

Isobel said that studying drama has enhanced her creative and collaborative passion.

‘The Year 12 major work monologue has been an enriching creative process which has both challenged me and rewarded me with a better understanding of character, staging and creative confidence’, she said.

For Olivia, studying Drama has unlocked her love for the arts.

‘After starting Drama in Year 10 with Ms Ellis-Windsor’s passion and guidance, I’ve realised my goals for a career in the creative arts’, she said.

‘My Year 12 monologue has challenged me as an actor and enhanced my creativity and confidence. This nomination is a privilege and I am so grateful for my drama class, the school, and especially Ms Ellis-Windsor for the continual guidance and ongoing support.’

The students’ teacher, Nicole Ellis-Windsor, said that in order to be nominated for Drama OnSTAGE, successful students must achieve a level of Band 6, which equates to a mark of 90% or above.

‘Congratulations to Olivia and Isobel for reaching such a level and realising their dreams’, she said.