Recently the children of our Primary Years celebrated Community Day with the theme “Find Your Treasure”. This community celebration intended to recognise the “treasures” in our Santa Sabina Community, our diversity and our unity, develop our sense of International Mindedness and global citizenship and to build relationships within our community between students, parents and teachers as we work and learn together. And there are certainly many treasures to celebrate!

Our parents, teachers and students from our Senior Campus so generously provided a broad range of experiences for our students, including dancing, reading, art and music coding and STEM challenges, cooking and Treasure Hunts. Our talented and courageous buskers, our parents who prepared an international buffet lunch, our Primary Leadership Teams who made decorations and led our assembly all showed true community spirit through their participation in this event. This day was only possible because of the “treasures” in our community, who organised and volunteered, sharing talents and knowledge of languages and culture with our students. We thank you all!

Here are some of the highlights for our students:

I enjoyed the Spanish dancing because it was fun dancing with my class.
Drew

Watching the Taiko performances was something that I enjoyed. Seeing different people of different ages perform was great.
Annabel

I enjoyed the Treasure Hunt because I got to spend time with my buddy and solve problems with them
Estelle

We loved the Assembly and we demonstrated Ju Jitsu.
James and Keiran

I loved seeing so many different cultures and clothes and colours!
Joseph

I liked doing the Treasure Hunt and working out the clues.
Noele

I loved lunch. My buddy and friends all went to the field and we all played together when we had finished eating. My favourite food was the pita bread.
Ruby

I enjoyed meeting Catherine Jinks. She told us how she gets ideas and makes up characters. I might be able to use this in my own writing.
James

I loved finding the answers to the Treasure Hunt clues. It was fun!
Louisa