In 2021, 127 students completed their senior secondary school qualification through either the NSW Higher School Certificate or the International Baccalaureate Diploma. This made them eligible for an ATAR (Australian Tertiary Admission Rank) for access to a range of university courses throughout Australia or overseas. We are particularly delighted to see the amount of students receiving an ATAR of 99 or over – this year we have 2 students achieving the top ATAR result of 99.95 and 6 students above 99. Also of note is the increase in those receiving an ATAR of 80 or over, this result enables a vast array of choice of tertiary course options or workplace options for the Class of 2021.
- 42% achieved an ATAR of 90 or over (40% in 2020)
- 24% achieved an ATAR of 95 or over (24% in 2020)
- 5% (6 students) achieved an ATAR of 99 or over (5% in 2020)
HSC OUTSTANDING STUDENT ACHIEVEMENT
In 2021, 113 students completed their Higher School Certificate. 23 accelerants also studied one or more HSC courses throughout the school year.
Santa Sabina students featured 2 times on the HSC Top All-rounders List. This list acknowledges students who achieved in the highest performance band in 10 or more units in the HSC.
2021 TOP ALL ROUNDERS
- Pia Curran
- Alyssa McKeon
TOP ACHIEVERS IN COURSE
The Top Achievers in Course List indicates the students who achieved in the top 5, 10 or 20 places (depending on candidature size) for each HSC course:
Place in Course
Loredana Leonard (Accelerant)
In 2021 113 Year 12 students and 23 accelerants undertook study in 34 NESA Developed Courses.
- 69 students (including 10 accelerants) received a result in the highest band possible for one or more courses and are recognised on the NESA Distinguished Achievers List.
- 10 of the 23 accelerated students received a Band 6 result on the Distinguished Achievers list with 3 students receiving two Band 6 results.
- This means 51% of students attempting a HSC course achieve a Band 6. (Approximately 12.2% of students achieve at this level across the state)
- Breaking this down to 61% of our Year 12 students and 43% of our accelerants achieved at least one band 6 result
- Santa Sabina students appeared 150 times, for many students more than once, on the NESA Distinguished Achievers List across 28 Courses, celebrating the diversity of our success.
- Santa Sabina College was ranked 62nd in the state by SMH with a success rate of 23.1%. When incorporating the IBDP ATAR results the College would have ranked 46 (47th in 2019 with a success rate of 29.11%, 30th in 2018, 47th in 2017, 46th in 2016).
SHOWCASING OUTSTANDING STUDENT WORK – HSC SHOWCASES
Each year NESA showcases outstanding student project work in a series of exhibitions and performances. The 2020 selections and nominations were:
Nominated for ARTEXPRESS – Visual Arts
- Elyse Gullotta-Thomas
Nominated for ENCORE – Music 2 – Composition
- Emilie Choi
- Amelia Dillon
- Eleanor Dillon
Nominated for OnSTAGE – Drama
- Rose-Marie Moussa
- Anna Munns
Nominated for Shape – Design and Technology
- Jade Richards
Nominated for Shape –Textiles & Design
- Caitlin Snoch
Nominated and Selected for Texstyle –Textiles & Design
- Caitlin Snoch
IBDP OUTSTANDING RESULTS:
In Australia, 2,644 students sat for IB Diploma examinations in the November 2021 examination session. Australian students’ average result was 37 out of a possible 45 with a pass rate of 98%.
At Santa Sabina, 14 students completed the International Baccalaureate. The average result was 39 with a 100% pass rate.
- Grade 7 results were achieved in 20 courses (8 in 2020) out of 25 courses offered internally
- 36 Grade 7 results were achieved by the cohort across these 25 courses. (12 in 2020)
SANTA SABINA AVERAGE 39.07 (34.7 in 2020)
AUSTRALASIAN AVERAGE 37 (34.2 in 2020)
GLOBAL AVERAGE 32 (29.8 in 2020)