Outstanding Student Achievement
Santa Sabina College has been ranked as the top Catholic School in NSW on 2018 HSC results. The College has come 30th across all schools in NSW – an exceptional result for a non-selective school.
In 2018 5 of our students featured on the HSC Top All-rounders List. This list acknowledges students who achieved in the highest performance band in 10 or more units in the HSC.
2018 Top All Rounders
Top Achievers in Course
The Top Achievers in Course List indicates the students who achieved in the top 5, 10 or 20 places (depending on candidature size) for each HSC course
Place in Course
Studies of Religion 2
Studies of Religion 1
Studies of Religion 1
In 2018 120 Year 12 students (including 1 pathway student) and 21 accelerants undertook study in 36 NSW Education Standards Authority Developed Courses. Students also undertook study in 1 Content Endorsed Course – Religion Catholic Studies.
- 90 students received a result in the highest band possible for one or more courses and are recognised on the NESA Distinguished Achievers List.
- 14 of the 21 accelerated students received a Band 6 result on the Distinguished Achievers list with 3 students receiving two Band 6 results.
- Santa Sabina students appeared 207 times on the NESA Distinguished Achievers List across 32 Courses.
- The 2018 results reflect strong performances particularly in:
- Music 2 – 6 students received Band 6 (85% of cohort)
- Music 1 – 5 students received Band 6 (83% of cohort)
- Design & Technology – 14 students received Band 6 (77% of cohort)
- Japanese Continuers – 2 students received Band 6 (66% of cohort)
- Textiles & Design – 5 students received Band 6 (50% of cohort)
- Mathematics – 22 students received Band 6 (46% of cohort)
- Food Technology – 6 students received Band 6 (85% of cohort)
- Impressive Extension results:
- Music Extension – 5 students received E4 (100% of cohort)
- Italian Extension – 4 students received E4 (80% of cohort)
- English Extension 2 – 3 students received E4 (75% of cohort)
- Japanese Extension – 2 students received E4 (66% of cohort)
- Maths Extension 2 – 4 students received E4 (57% of cohort)
- English Extension 1 – 9 students received E4 (56% of cohort)
- Maths Extension 1 – 9 students received E4 (32% of cohort)
Santa Sabina College has been named 30th in the state according to the Sydney Morning Herald and TOP CATHOLIC SCHOOL in NSW. SMH says “One of the biggest improvers is Santa Sabina, which has climbed 29 places since 2015.”
Every year NESA nominates the most impressive major works to be included in various showcases across NSW.We have had significant success as follows:
Angela Kim (a Year 11 accelerant), was selected for inclusion in ENCORE, the showcase concert of the best performances and compositions from across NSW. She will performed at the Sydney Opera House in February 2019. Antoinette Ayoub, Courtney Cousins, Isabella Rahme, Evangelia Stivactus, Cecilia Su and Lauren Wu were nominated.
Textiles and Design
The major works of Julia Agosti and Jemma Hayes have been selected for exhibition in Texstyle 2018.
Design and Technology
15 works nominated for possible inclusion in Shape 2018, the NSW showcase for HSC Design and Technology, Industrial Technology and Textiles and Design students. That’s 80 percent of the class!
Congratulations Daniella Abal, Rebekah Akele, Mary Ayoub, Lily Cannon, Annabel Cowley, Stephanie Etcell, Isabella Howe, Sarah Merhi, Isabella Morgan, Sophia Newton, Emily Peeters, Carly Segui, Jessica Siu, Alysha Tse and Elisabeth Wierum.