Aquathon is an event in which competitors run and swim an extended distance under competitive conditions. It is offered to students in Years 7-12. All students are able to nominate for selection in the Aquathon team. Trials are held if numbers exceed the number of entries permitted by the event organisers.
- Training is held at the College either before or after school.
- The Aquathon Championships are held in Term 4 during school hours.
- The Aquathon team is coached by a member of the College staff.
The College aims to provide sporting opportunities for students of all abilities. However, due to entry restriction for the Aquathon championship it is not always possible to place all nominating student in a team.
Traditionally the competition we enter is
The distances for this event are
- Junior (12 & 13yrs) 2km run & 400m Swim
- Intermediate (14 & 15 yrs) 3km run & 400m Swim
- Senior (16yrs and over) 4km run & 400m Swim
Age is as at 31st December in the year of competition.