Careers Education is an integral part of the holistic development of the students at Santa Sabina College.
The tertiary education landscape is ever-changing, and our students have so many choices of further study and post-school opportunities available to them. All students have access to our Careers Counsellor who facilitates the transition of Year 11 and 12 students from school to workplace, tertiary or post-school experiences.
Students from Year 10-12 participate in myriad career opportunities that allow them to explore knowledge of self, the world of work, course and career exploration and research. Their main goal is to make informed decisions and make their own plan for their future pathways beyond Santa Sabina.
- Students complete a comprehensive Careers Profiling Assessment in Year 10 as part of our Career Development Program.
- Through individual careers counselling sessions, Year 12 students discuss possible courses and career pathways using technology and careers resources as research tools. Applications processes for tertiary studies to Universities, Private Colleges, TAFE, cadetships, Scholarships and Gap Year opportunities are also shared in these interviews and at regular year group meetings.
- Students are able to take up voluntary work experience in Years 10, 11 and 12 during school holidays.
- Senior students have the opportunity to attend lunch time sessions lead by guest speakers and ambassadors from various Universities, TAFE, Private Colleges and recent ex-students.
- An Ex-students’ Networking night is held annually, enabling all students to meet with past students and discuss career paths that they may be interested in.
- Current Students have access to ex-student mentors, who have forged successful careers in many fields via the ex-student secure online community. Mentors are willing to discuss interests, share industry knowledge and pathways into careers.
- The Careers Newsletter contains up to date information from Universities, TAFE, industry and other private providers for parents, students and the school community about post-school options and transition opportunities.
- Students have access to Careers resources and our College careers website www.santacareers.com. Resources available include a wide range of Career related materials, university and private college prospectuses, UAC guides, TAFE handbooks, Job Guides and information on gap year programs.